3.5 cups All Purpose Flour (450g)
1 tsp Salt
2 + 1/4 tsp Yeast
3 tbsp Sugar
3/4 cups Almond Milk
3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
Blueberry Jam filling:
1 batch of Homemade Chia Jam (replace frozen Strawberries for Blueberries)
3 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
Splash of Almond Milk
1. Heat the milk and butter in a pan, you want the liquid to be hot but not boiling. Once its hot add nutmeg and stir.
2. In a large bowl add the flour, yeast, salt and sugar and mix until well combined.
3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and stir until fully mixed.
4. Add an egg and stir once again until a dough forms. Adding a little flour if needed. Knead the dough for a few minutes and then place the ball of dough in a lightly greased bowl for 15 minutes.
5. Using a rolling pin roll out the dough into a flat rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
6. Spread on the 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil, followed by the Homemade Blueberry Chia jam. In a separate bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it on top of the jam.
7. Slowly and tightly roll up the dough into a log.
8. With a very sharp knife cut the log into 10 pieces.
9. Add the rolls to a greased 9 inch pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let the rolls rise for 50 minutes until roughly doubled in size.
10. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 22 minutes until slightly browned.
11. While its cooking you can prepare the glaze and add the powdered sugar to a bowl and add a tsp of almond milk at a time and mix until you reach the desired consistency. Drizzle over the cinnamon rolls while still warm and enjoy!
1. You can use Whole Wheat flour but I wouldn't completely substitute the All Purpose flour. You can use half whole wheat and half all purpose. And add more flour as you go if needed.
2. You can use any milk of choice
Nutritional Information per Blueberry Jam stuffed Cinnamon Bun
Net Carbs: 49g
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.