5 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour (660 g)
1 tbsp Yeast
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1 + 1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Almond Milk
2/3 cup Water
1/4 cup Butter
200g fully cooked chopped Bacon (1 full package of bacon 375g uncooked)
2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (180g)
3 tbsp melted Butter
1. In a large bowl combine 2 cups of flour with the yeast, sugar and salt.
2. In a small sauce pan heat up the milk, water and butter until butter has melted.
3. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon. Ensure that the milk mixture is not too hot, it should be warm to the touch.
4. Add the 2 eggs and mix again. Once the eggs are fully incorporated then add the rest of the flour and combine until a dough forms, adding more flour as needed. Knead the dough for a few minutes and then place into a greased bowl and let rise covered in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 12 cup muffin tray.
6. Once the dough has doubled in size, cut the dough in half and using a rolling pin roll out the dough into a flat rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread half of the melted butter from the filling ingredients and add half the chopped up bacon, and half the cheddar cheese.
7. Slowly and tightly roll up the dough into a log. With a very sharp knife cut the log into 12 pieces.
8. Place each piece in the muffin tray and place the tray in the oven for 18 minutes, until they are golden brown.
9. Repeat with the other half of the dough using the leftover filling ingredients. Serve warm and enjoy!
Feel free to play around with the filling, this would be great with pepperoni, shredded chicken or ground meat.
Nutritional Information per Muffin
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.