2 cups All Purpose Flour
2 + 1/4 tsp Yeast
1 cup Warm Water
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
2 cups of Cheese (shredded or cut into thin strips)
6 cloves minced Garlic
1 tbsp fresh Parsley
4 tbsp melted Butter
1. Combine yeast and warm water in a small bowl and let sit for ten minutes.
2. In a medium sized bowl add the flour, sugar, oil and salt and give it a stir.
3. Once the yeast mixture becomes foamy, add this mixture to the flour mixture and mix until a dough has formed, adding more flour if needed. Knead dough for 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface.
4. Add the dough to a greased bowl, cover and let rise for about an hour in a warm place.
5. Preheat the oven to 400°F and set a baking pan with parchment paper.
6. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Working with one piece at a time, roll the dough into a large rectangle. Slice the dough into 5 equal sizes strips lengthwise.
7. Stretch each strip lengthwise and width wise. Place the cheese in the center of each strip. Fold and pinch the dough around the cheese along the entire strip. Make sure to close off the ends too.
8. Form a pretzel shape with the long strip and place on the baking pan. Repeat with the rest of the dough until your pan is full.
9. Mix melted butter with the parsley and garlic. Brush the pretzels with the mixture.
10. Bake in the oven for 13 minutes. If the bottom is browning but the tops are not browned yet then turn on broil for a minute or two until the tops are golden brown. If the bottoms are still not browned at the 13 minute mark then leave them in for another 2 minutes.
1. I found that shredded cheese was a little messier to use in this case. Cutting up some cheese sticks instead and lining them up in the center is a lot easier.
Nutritional Information for 1 Pretzel
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.