1 cup Peanut Butter
15 pitted Dates
2 tbsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup
2 tbsp melted Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Ground Flaxseeds
2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
3-4 tbsp Almond Milk
1. Place pitted dates into a bowl of hot water just enough to cover them so they soften.
2. Grease and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Add peanut butter, sugar free maple syrup, coconut oil and ground flaxseeds to a blender. Once the dates have softened drain the dates and add them to the blender as well.
4. Blend until fully combined. Scoop the mixture out into the lined baking dish and spread the mixture evenly in the dish using your fingers. If it is too sticky to spread, wet your fingers a little before spreading.
5. Place 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder into a bowl and slowly add Almond milk to the bowl, 1 tbsp at a time until you get a sauce like consistency. Make sure to give it a good stir in between each tbsp of almond milk, because its very easy to add too much almond milk, you want it to be a thicker chocolate sauce.
6. Add the chocolate sauce on top of the date mixture in the baking dish spreading it out as much as you can.
7. Place in the freezer for about an hour before removing and slicing into 8 pieces. Store in the freezer in a sealed container in between little squares of parchment paper. They are ready to eat straight out of the freezer, no thawing is needed.
1. If you don't have any chocolate protein powder then I suggest just melting some dark chocolate, or chocolate chips and spreading that on top instead. The chocolate protein powder I use has been my all time favorite when it comes to Chocolate flavored recipes so for me it is as good as having a piece of chocolate.
2. If you don't have ground flaxseeds you can sub that out with coconut flour or oat flour.
Nutritional Information per bar:
Calories : 264
Fat : 15.1g
Net Carbs: 18.6g
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.