Servings : 8
3 cups All Purpose Flour (400g)
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 can of Pizza sauce (213 ml)
1 cup Pepperoni slices (150g)
1 cup shredded cheese (150g)
1. Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make the dough you will need to put the flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. And mix it up.
3. In a small bowl add the water and olive oil
4. Dump the water/oil mixture in the dough mixture and stir until a dough forms. You will need to place the dough on a well floured surface and knead the dough for a few minutes. Adding more flour if the dough is sticky.
5. Once the dough is ready cut the dough into 8 pieces.
6. Working on one piece at a time, roll out into a circle. Then add pizza sauce in the middle, leaving a border of dough around the sauce. Then divide your toppings between each dough and place on top of the sauce.
7. Gently fold dough in half and start crimping the edges all around.
8. Repeat with the remaining dough. Add as many as you can fit onto a baking tray, you may need to bake them in two batches.
9. Brush the tops with a little oil and sprinkle a little cheese on top. And add the baking tray to the oven for 20 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
10. Let cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy!
Feel free to play around with the toppings. Some topping ideas : sausage, ground beef, caramelized onions, mushrooms, peppers.
All purpose flour is the only flour I have tested this out with and can confirm that you get the perfect crust without it needing to rise.
Nutritional Information for 1 Calzone
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.