Carbquik is made with Carbalose Flour which is a high fiber flour making the net carbs for this recipe extremely low. This is perfect for a Keto diet or if you are just trying to watch your carb intake. Servings: 6 large biscuits Ingredients:
230g Carbquik (2 cups)
50g Coconut Oil (1/4 cup)
60g shredded light cheddar cheese (heaping 1/2 cup)
125g Plain Yogurt (1/2 cup)
120g Cashew Milk (1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
pinch of salt
1. Preheat over to 425 degrees.
2. Place 1/4 cup coconut oil in a bowl and put in the fridge for 10 minutes to harden.
3. Add 2 cups Carbquik to a bowl and add the coconut oil to the bowl once ready. Using 2 knives or a pastry cutter - cut the coconut oil into the carbquik until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
4. Add shredded cheese, garlic powder and salt to the bowl and mix well.
5. Add the plain yogurt and the nut milk of choice to the mixture. Mix until dough forms.
6. Form biscuits with your hands and place on either a greased cookie sheet, or a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake in the over for 9 minutes. If the tops are still not golden brown but the bottom is then turn on broil for 3 minutes. You could also flip them and leave them in the over for a few more minutes. I used the broil method for mine.
8. Remove the biscuits from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack to cool.
1. Coconut oil can be substituted with cold butter.
2. Any type of plain yogurt works. I used 2% plain yogurt because that's what I had on hand.
3. Feel free to use any milk of choice - I used Cashew Milk.
Nutritional Information for 1 large biscuit
Net Carbs: 4g
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.