1/2 cup Ground flax
1 cup Water
2 cup Oats blended into Oat Flour
1 + 1/2 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 cup Powdered peanut butter
1/4 cup Cornstarch
2 tbsp Truvia Baking Blend
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1 cup Shredded Carrots
2/3 cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup*
1/2 cup Water
2 tbsp Peanut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease muffin trays.
2. Mix the ground flax seeds with 1 cup water and set aside.
3. In a blender blend oats, vanilla protein powder and powdered peanut butter.
4. Transfer powdered mixture to a big bowl and add the cornstarch, truvia, baking powder, baking soda and salt and combine.
5. Add the applesauce, shredded carrots, sugar free maple syrup, 1/2 cup water, peanut butter, vanilla extract and the flax seed mixture from earlier and stir until fully combined.
6. Add 1/2 cup of raisins to the batter and stir.
7. Scoop the batter into the muffin trays and top with the leftover raisins.
8. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, they will be done once a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Once fully cooked remove from oven and allow it to cool a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to fully cool.
1. There a many different Sugar Free Maple Syrups you can purchase these days - I made my own which I always have on hand for these types of recipes. Click Here For Recipe
2. If using any other granulated sugar you will need to double the sugar content. The Truvia baking blend is a mix of Erythritol, Sugar and Stevia and it is sweeter than regular sugar.
3. Make sure your flax seeds are ground before adding to the water in the 2nd step. If your flax seeds are whole then just blend them first and then add them to the water.
Nutritional Information per Muffin:
Calories : 107
Fat : 2.1g
Net Carbs: 14.2g
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.