Servings: 20 slices (2 loaves)
5 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour (660g)
2.5 tsp Yeast
1.5 cups Almond Milk
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 cup Raisins (160g)
1 cup Oats (90g)
1/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend (60g) *see notes
2 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup Warm Water
Brush loaves with:
1 Egg white
1 tbsp Water
1. Place the almond milk and butter in a small pot on the stove and heat just until mixture is warm and the butter has melted.
2. In a separate bowl combine raisins, oats, sweetener, salt, cinnamon and warm water and give it a mix. Then add the milk/butter mixture to the bowl as well and give it a stir.
3. In a large bowl add 3 cups of flour along with the yeast. Ensure the milk/raisin mixture is lukewarm, you don't want it to be too hot but you do want it warm. Add the raisin mixture to the flour bowl and stir until incorporated. Slowly add the rest of the flour which should be 2 and 1/2 cups more, adding 1/2 cup at a time until a dough forms.
4. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes and then place it in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about an hour and a half.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F and prepare two loaf pans with parchment paper and lightly grease them. Mine were 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans.
6. Once it has doubled in size, punch down the dough and knead the dough briefly on a lightly floured surface. Slice the dough in half with a sharp knife and shape loaves and place them in the loaf pans. Cover loaf pans with a tea towel and let rise for about half an hour.
7. Once ready mix the single egg white with 1 tbsp water and brush the top of the loaves with it. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool on wire rack before slicing.
1. If using any other granulated sugar you will need to double the sugar content. The Truvia baking blend is a mix of Erythritol, Sugar and Stevia and it is sweeter than regular sugar so that is why you only need to use half the amount.
2. Feel free to switch up the add ins in this recipe, you can use any dried fruit or even add some nuts. I think this is an amazing bread recipe and it goes well with so many different toppings such as honey, cream cheese or any type of jam.
Nutritional Information per slice:
Calories : 197
Fat : 3.3g
Net Carbs: 35g
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.