5 slices of fresh or frozen Bread
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
1. If using frozen bread, let thaw for an hour or so. Then cut all the bread into small pieces and place into a bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Drizzle olive oil on top of the bread and add all the spices before mixing everything together.
4. Transfer to the baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Store croutons in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
1. Any spices can be added to enhance the flavor. Italian seasoning would add great flavor to the croutons.
2. This is a great way to use up any stale bread. I normally keep a bag of bread in the freezer of any broken pieces or bread we did not eat so I use those up by making croutons.
3. These are great on soups and salads, and can be added as a topping to casseroles.
Nutritional Information per 1/10th of recipe:
Calories : 62
Fat : 2.3g
Net Carbs: 6.5g
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.