Servings: 8 (2 tbsp per serving)
1. Whisk together the water, Truvia Baking Blend and the Maple extract in a small sauce pan.
2. Slowly bring the mixture to a boil while constantly stirring until the sweetener dissolves fully.
3. Once dissolved remove from heat, and add 1/2 tsp of Xantham gum and whisk for about a minute or so until fully dissolved and the mixture thickens. Let cool completely, at this point the mixture should thicken up more.
4. Place the mixture in a mason jar and store in the fridge. Enjoy on your favorite pancakes or use it in recipes that call for maple syrup
1. Truvia Baking Blend is a Erythritol/Cane Sugar/Stevia mix that you can buy at most health food store or online. When using this blend you only use half the amount of sweetener needed for recipes. So if you are not using this specific sweetener then you will need to double the sugar content for this recipe. I really love this brand and have not found another sugar blend that mimics real sugar so well, and being able to use half the amount saves calories, keeps the sugar content lower and saves money.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 tbsp):
Calories : 31
Fat : 0g
Net Carbs: 15g
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.