1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
2. In a large mixing bowl add in the flour, olive oil, salt, water and fennel seeds and combine until dough is formed.
3. Move the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for about 5 minutes until fully smooth and form into a ball.
4. Slice a 4 inch thick piece and then roll it out to about a 0.5 inch thick rope. Take one end and bring it down to meet the rope, forming a circle and pinch it together and slice it with a knife right below where it was pinched. Place onto the baking tray and repeat with the same step for the remainder of the rope. Form more ropes with the remainder of the dough and follow the same step.
5. Once all the taralli has been formed, place about ten pieces into the boiling water, lightly tossing them for about 2 minutes. They should float to the top once they are ready. Scoop them with a slotted spoon and place them on a clean kitchen towel to dry.
6. Once all the taralli has been boiled, place them on the baking tray and bake them for 40 minutes in the oven. Remove from oven and let cool before eating.
1. You can replace the 1 cup of water with 1 cup of Dry White Wine. They are traditionally made with white wine but i did not have any on hand and these tasted just as great with just water.
Nutritional Information per Taralli:
Calories : 65
Fat : 2.7g
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.