2 cup of Chocolate Protein Powder
1 cup Quick Oats blended into Oat flour
4 tbs Ground Flax seeds
4 tbsp Peanut Butter
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 cup Almond Milk
1/2 Dark Chocolate Bar (50g)
1. In a medium sized bowl add the protein powder, oat flour, ground flax and cocoa powder.
2. In a small sauce pan heat up the peanut butter just for a couple minutes to make it easier to mix into the dry mixture.
3. Add the peanut butter and almond milk to the dry mixture and mix well. Make sure to stir well and no powders are visible.
4. Grab a 13 x 8 inch baking dish and line with parchment paper and also grease.
5. Place the protein bar mixture into the dish and spread it out evenly, if its too sticky just wet your fingers a little before pressing the mixture out. It really helps with spreading it out.
6. Place in the freezer for an hour.
7. Melt half a bar of dark chocolate on the stove and once melted take out the protein bars and drizzle the chocolate on the bars. Place back into the freezer for another hour before slicing into 12 pieces.
8. Store them in the freezer, they melt very quickly and can be eaten immediately after removing from the freezer.
1. I recommend buying regular quick oats and regular flax seeds and then grinding them up in a blender at home. I always keep ground flax on hand to be able to sprinkle on my food. It is loaded with nutrients, omega 3's and fiber so it is great to have on hand. Just make sure you keep it in a sealed container in the fridge once ground so it does not spoil. Flax seeds spoil quicker once ground so only grind 1/2 cup to 1 cup at a time.
Nutritional Information per Protein Bar:
Calories : 173
Fat : 7g
Net Carbs: 10.7g
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.