2 cups All Purpose Flour
2 + 1/4 tsp Yeast
1 cup Warm Water
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
14 precooked Breakfast Sausages
1 Egg + 1 tbsp Water
1. Combine yeast and warm water in a small bowl and let sit for ten minutes.
2. In a medium sized bowl add the flour, sugar, oil and salt and give it a stir.
3. Once the yeast mixture becomes foamy, add this mixture to the flour mixture and mix until a dough has formed, adding more flour if needed. Knead dough for 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface.
4. Add the dough to a greased bowl, cover and let rise for about an hour in a warm place.
5. Preheat the oven to 400°F and set a baking pan with parchment paper.
6. Once the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and remove from bowl and knead for a couple minutes on a lightly floured surface. Using a sharp knife cut the dough into 14 equal portions.
7. Working on one piece at a time, roll the dough into an 8 inch long rope and wrap it around the breakfast sausage and place it on the baking pan. Repeat this step for the rest of the dough balls.
8. To make the egg wash, whisk one egg with 1 tbsp water and brush the top of each dough.
9. Place the baking pan in the oven for 13 minutes, if the tops are not golden but the bottoms are browning too quick. Then switch your oven to broil and leave them in for another 2 minutes.
1. You can make these with any type of breakfast sausage, hot dog, even vegan hot dogs would be amazing.
Nutritional Information for 1 Pig in a Blanket
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.