Servings : 12
3.5 cups All Purpose Flour (450 g)
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 + 1/3 cup Warm Water
2 + 1/4 tsp Yeast
1 tsp Sugar
1.5 cups Pizza Sauce
1.5 cups cooked Ground Beef (350g)
1.5 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (135g)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper
2. To prepare the dough you will need to mix the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Let this sit for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl add the flour, salt and 1 tbsp on olive oil. Stir this with a wooden spoon and then once the yeast mixture is ready add that to flour mix and stir until a dough is formed. If needed add a little bit more flour until the dough isn't sticky.
4. Knead the dough for a few minutes and place ball of dough into a greased boil and cover with dish towel. Place the bowl in a warm place for 30 minutes, until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Once dough has doubled, roll the dough out into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface, about 12 x 22 inches.
6. Add the pizza sauce, ground beef and shredded cheese onto the dough like you would a regular pizza, leaving 1 inch border around the dough with no toppings.
7. Cut the dough with a sharp knife, lengthwise. (See photos below for example)
8. You'll have 2 separate pieces now, with each piece roll the pizza into a log.
9. You will have 2 logs now, slice each log into 6 pieces. You will have 12 pieces in the end.
10. With each piece you will need to pinch the edges closed and place on the baking tray. You might have to bake half at a time so you don't over crowd them.
11. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
12. Allow to cool and serve immediately. It can be stored in the fridge for 5 days.
1. I have only tried this recipe with All Purpose Flour. I imagine Bread Flour will work just as great. If using whole wheat then I suggest using half whole wheat and half all purpose, and adding more flour if needed.
2. Feel free to play around with the toppings.
Nutritional Information per Pizza Pocket
Net Carbs: 27.8g
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.