Ingredients for Dough:
1 Cup Warm milk of choice (I used Cashew Milk)
1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Sugar
120g Whole Wheat flour (1 Cup)
180g All Purpose flour (1.5 Cups)
2 and a 1/4 tsp Yeast (one packet)
1/2 tsp Salt
Ingredients for Filling:
Ingredients for Icing:
1 Cup Sifted Powdered Sugar
1 tbsp Milk of choice
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan
2. Mix Warm milk with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp sugar.
3. In a separate bowl add all the flour, yeast and salt.
4. Add the milk mixture to the flour and mix until dough forms, adding more flour if needed. Remove from bowl and on a well floured surface knead the dough for a few minutes until the dough springs back most of the way when you press your finger into it.
5. For the filling add the 5 tbsp Sugar and the 1 tbsp Cinnamon to a bowl and mix it together
6. Roll the dough out into a 16x10 inch rectangle and brush 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil onto it before sprinkling all the sugar/cinnamon mix onto the dough
7. Once the sugar mix is evenly distributed roll the dough into a log.
8. Once the dough is rolled into a log you will need a sharp knife and cut the log into 12 pieces.
9. Place the pieces into the greased baking pan and place in the oven for 20 minutes
10. While this is cooking you can make the icing by mixing 1 cup sifted powdered sugar with 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tbsp milk. Combine this until it reaches a drizzling consistency
11. Once cinnamon rolls are ready - let them cool for about 10 minutes before drizzling all the icing on top of them
1. You can substitute the whole wheat flour and just use All Purpose if that is what you have on hand. You can also substitute it with Bread flour or Pastry flour. Which ever flour you choose start with 2.5 cups and add little by little as needed.
2. I used non dairy Cashew milk but feel free to use any milk of choice.
3. Feel free to use whatever sweetener you have on hand - i used Organic Cane Sugar but you can substitute it with coconut sugar or even brown sugar
Nutritional Information per Cinnamon Roll
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.