3 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Sugar
1 1/3 cup Warm Water
2 1/4 tsp Yeast
1/4 cup Olive Oil, plus 2 tbsp for drizzling on top
2 tsp Salt, plus extra for sprinkling
3 tsp Dried Rosemary
6 cloves of finely minced Garlic (optional)
1. Combine yeast, sugar and warm water in a small bowl and let sit for ten minutes.
2. In a medium sized bowl add the flour, oil, salt, minced garlic and the dried rosemary and give it a stir.
3. Once the yeast mixture becomes foamy, add this mixture to the flour mixture and mix until a dough has formed, adding more flour if needed. Knead dough for a couple minutes on a lightly floured surface.
4. Add the dough to a greased bowl, cover and let rise for about an hour in a warm place.
5. Preheat the oven to 400°F and set a baking pan with parchment paper.
6. Once the dough has doubled in size, remove it from the bowl and knead it for a minute on a floured surface. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about the size of your baking pan. Transfer the dough onto the baking pan and cover with a kitchen towel for 20 minutes to let it rise again.
7. Once 20 minutes have passed, use your fingers to poke deep dents all over the surface of the dough. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of Olive oil and sprinkle salt on top.
8. Bake for 20 minutes until the dough is slightly golden, if the top is still not golden but the bottom is then place your oven on broil and broil the dough for 2-3 minutes keeping an eye on it.
9. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing into 12 equal pieces.
1. Feel free to use fresh Rosemary for this. If using fresh you do not need to add it into the dough. Just sprinkle it on top before baking.
2. I like to add garlic to mine but it is not necessary. If you are not a big garlic lover then you can omit that step.
3. You can add any toppings you would like, such as cherry tomatoes, caramelized onions, parmesan and olives.
Nutritional Information for 1 piece
Disclosure: Some of the links provided in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.